1. What is the minimum age to rent a vehicle?
The minimum age to rent a vehicle is 21 years.
2. What do I need to rent a vehicle?
You need a local or foreign driver’s license, a valid ID or passport proving that you are at least 21 years old and a valid debit or credit card for the security deposit.
3. How can I make the security deposit?
The security deposit is made with a debit or credit card in the name of the person signing the rental contract.
4. How much is the security deposit?
The standard security deposit amount with a credit card is $1,000. The standard security deposit amount with a debit card is $2,000.
5. Is there a minimum or maximum rental time for a vehicle?
Yes, the minimum rental time is 24 hours and the maximum period of rental time is 30 days.
6. Where are your offices and how do I get there?
The locations and addresses to our offices can be found in the LOCATIONS section of our website.
7. Can I rent a vehicle to travel outside of Costa Rica?
Rental vehicles cannot travel outside of the country. The rental agreement limits travel exclusively to the Costa Rican territory.
8. Is there a vehicle drop-off and pick-up service for hotels?
No, drop-off and pick-up service is only available for the two international airports Juan Santamaría (San José).
9. What should I do in case of an accident?
- Should you be involved in an accident, please take into consideration the following recommendations:
- Remain calm
- Do not move the vehicle
- Call 911, report the accident and request assistance
- Turn on the emergency lights or flashers, put on the safety vest and place the two safety triangles 30 and 5 feet away from the back of vehicle
- Call 2Go Rent a Car.
10. Can I use my credit card’s insurance policy?
Yes, as long as the credit card company provides coverage in Costa Rica.
11. What should I do in case of mechanical failure?
- If possible, head over to the nearest gas station of public space where you can park the vehicle and turn on your emergency lights or flashers.
- If you cannot make it to the nearest gas station of a safe public space, turn on your emergency lights or flashers, put on the safety vest and place the safety triangles 30 and 5 feet away from the back of vehicle.
12. Are traffic violations my responsibility?
All traffic violations are the complete responsibility of the person who signed the rental agreement. These must be paid at the stipulated local banks. Do not pay any kind of traffic infractions to local transit police officers or strangers.
13. What happens if I damage my rental vehicle?
The rental vehicle is your responsibility for the total time stipulated in the rental agreement. According to the rental contract, any damage to the vehicle is your full responsibility.
14. Can I return the vehicle at a different location from where I picked it up?
For an additional cost depends on the location of you’re choosing. You can return the vehicle at any offices of our partners, 2Go Rent a Car.
16. Are additional drivers permitted?
Additional drivers are permitted if they are registered at the time of the signing of the rental agreement. This way the additional driver will also be covered by the insurance policy.
17. Can I drive my 4X4 rental vehicle through rivers or ponds?
2go Rent a Car vehicles are not to be driven through rivers, ponds or similar environments. According to the rental contract, all water-related damage is full responsibility of the person who signed the rental agreement.
18. Can I rent a vehicle or make the security deposit with someone else’s credit card?
No. Rental agreements are direct and personal. 2Go Rent a Car only accepts the debit or credit card of the person signing the agreement, who is also the only person permitted to drive the vehicle.
19. What is your company’s change and cancellation policy?
Any changes or cancellations must be done before the end of the first 24 hours to avoid extra fees.
20. Can I travel with my pet?
We DO NOT allow pets.